Help create a better world
Work with cutting-edge, in-house technology as you drive global projects that deliver positive human outcomes.
MedPanel seeks to expand its inside sales team by hiring a business development representative(BDR). The BDR will be responsible for generating new opportunities from a list of strategic accounts using targeted outreach campaigns that rely on cold-calling and email. Our agency has grown over 100% in the past year using strategic cold calling and we remain committed to this sales channel. MedPanel is entirely remote and this position is an excellent opportunity to work from anywhere with Fortune 500 accounts.
We offer clients two solutions in the form of custom market research and recruitment services for non-interventional clinical trials. This role will be responsible for generating new opportunities for both solutions so a background in social sciences or life sciences is preferred. In this role you will report to the AVP of Client Development who leads sales at MedPanel.
Compensation & Benefits
MedPanel offers a full benefits package to all employees with health insurance, vision, and dental benefits as well as a 401(k) plan. Base annual compensation for this role is $60,000 with an OTE of $80,000 in year 1.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Utilize SalesForce, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify prospect’s needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Proficiency with SalesForce or other CRM software
- Prior experience as a business development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotas
WHO WE ARE:
We are a small but lively organization with a passion for our work! Our employees are curious, caring, professional, proud, fun, and respectful of each other’s talents and skills. As a team, we are unstoppable.
We are experienced market researchers and health care consultants, bolstering the internal market research efforts of companies by carrying out custom, primary qualitative and quantitative market research on all types of therapeutics and supportive care products, with health care professionals and patients on a global basis. We’ve built a robust network of thought-leading scientists, physicians, and allied health care professionals, in more than 20 countries, who are eager to participate in market research studies which have the potential of advancing science. Also, we can recruit patients, including rare patients, on a custom basis.
We aid in the commercialization of health care products including branding/naming, concept testing, message testing, market assessments, advisory board development, advocacy development, and strategic forecasting. We have solid background in research design and analyses, using advanced analytics when required, and taking responsibility for our opinions and recommendations, forged by our personal experience, education and skills of more than 20 years.
We think of ourselves as flexible and creative but impartial collaborators, providing the research you need to move your products to their next phase. We are passionate about our work.
Competitive pay and benefits – this is a virtual, full-time position.